I'm a morning person, big time - I wake up, without an alarm clock, before 5 almost every morning. I've gotta be honest though, I much prefer a little quiet time to myself (Note: Dad - this includes you when you guys are here to visit. I love ya, but seriously, stop trying to have a conversation with me before I've had my coffee and, preferably, my workout. Thanks!). Mack normally sleeps till 7:30/8ish, which works great for me to have my coffee, do my Bible reading, some facebooking/blog hopping/misc internetting, workout, shower and get ready for the day.
But the poor little guy is working on two of his 2-year molars, and as a result, has been waking up much earlier lately. Ryan's great about going in to sit with him and getting him back to sleep, but it's only fair that we take turns.
As much as I love my normal quiet morning routine with Mack still sound asleep, nothing beats snuggling with that little guy in the early morning. I always think of, and sing (in my head) the song "These are the Moments." I know it's a romantic song, but some of the words just seem so fitting to me.
These are the moments,
I thank God that I'm alive.
These are the moments,
I'll remember all my life.
I've found all I've waited for,
And I could not ask for more.
Looking in your eyes,
Seeing all I need.
Everything you are,
Is everything to me.
These are the moments,
I know heaven must exist.
These are the moments,
I know all I need is this.
I have all I've waited for,
And I could not ask for more.
I could not ask for more than this time together,
I could ask for more than this time with you.
Every prayer has been answered,
Every dream has come true.
Right here in this moment,
Is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you, here with me.
These pregnancy hormones are turning me into such a sap :)
Aw, I think that's sweet! And that's been "our song" since we first dated, so I love it too! :) Enjoy those cuddly moments. Oh, and I'm glad I've got you sniffing out the carts at Target. You'll be needing those soon! :)
ReplyDelete