Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What we've been up to...

Here's a little of what we've been up to the last couple months...
  • We had an awesome family vacation to Florida the end of January
  • We found out baby #2 is another boy!!  Looking forward to life with two little boys :)
  • Ryan had a work meeting in San Antonio for a week.  The older Mack gets, the easier time I have while Ryan's out of town - I'm sure it'll be tough again when I have two kiddos though!
  • We've all had two ridiculously awful rounds of colds - seem to be on the mend though, and definitely looking forward to Spring!!
  • Mack has adjusted really well to his toddler bed, which really surprised me.  So proud of my little guy!
Mack has been talking a ton more in the last month or so.  Starting during our vacation, he's said at least a dozen new words, and others much more consistently.  It's so much fun!  His favorite word these days is Buzz - we have just a slight Toy Story obsession around here.  No exaggeration, I think I heard it 100 times one day when he was wearing his Buzz T-shirt.  A few nights later, I was sitting in his room with him trying to get him back to sleep.  He'd been chattering off and on, but had been quiet for probably ten minutes when he yelled out "Buzz!" once and then fell asleep.  Silly boy :)


Another thing he says often is "ta da!"  It started because he is constantly saying "doh?" (translation = "where'd it go?") anytime he's looking for something, so I would say "ta da" and give it to him.  His application of it to everything just cracks me up.  It's become a game for him to hide or drop something, ask "doh?" and then "ta da!" and show it to me.  Every morning he says "ta da!" when I get his pancakes out of the microwave.  My favorite though, was a week or so ago.  He was eating a bite of food and decided he didn't want it, so he just dropped it out of his mouth onto his tray the way kids do when they're done eating something.  When it hit his tray he said, "ta da!!"  Pretty hard not to laugh at that one.  


In other news, I'm 21 weeks pregnant today!!  Can't believe I'm over half way already.  It's crazy how much faster this pregnancy is going.  My pregnancy with Mack went quickly, at least towards the end, because I was sooo busy at work.  I always thought any future pregnancies would just drag by in comparison since it's so different being home.  Instead, I'm finding that the days just go by so quickly and add up to weeks at a time when you're busy taking care of another person.  I'm glad it's going fast so we're getting closer to holding our new little guy, but I also know I have a lot to do before we're ready for him to be here.  Like everything left to do - my only purchase so far has been a pair of shoes last week.  I also really want to enjoy the next several months as a family of three :)

No comments:

Post a Comment